- Mini books: Fee starts at $5,000 for 50-page manuscript
- Mini Memoirs, Business Books, Etc:
- Includes recorded interviews, basic research as necessary, basic formatting
- Short books: Fee range $8,000-$12,000 for 80-100 page manuscript
- Short autobiography/family legacy story, etc.
- Includes recorded interviews, basic research, basic formatting
- Full-Length Books, Nonfiction: $15,000-$25,000 for 120-200 page manuscript
- Hybrid business and memoir
- Includes recorded interviews, research, basic formatting
Contact me to book an author consultation call.
Editing & Proofreading
- Comprehensive Edit: .05/word
- addresses structural issues, language, clarity, flow
- includes line edit, manuscript comments and suggested edits, memo (overview of suggestions), and a one-hour video call
- Proofreading: .02/word
- final read of manuscript to check for errors in copy and layout
- Manuscript Critique
- Memo only (feedback on plot, characters, voice; suggestions to improve the narrative): 2.5 cents/word
- In-manuscript feedback (memo plus comments in the margins) and one-hour video call: 3.5 cents/word
Contact me to discuss.
Want to write your book yourself, but need consistent guidance along the way? Consider coaching.
Package includes a kickoff call to draft an outline and writing plan, recorded Zoom calls, and feedback along the way.
Fees generally range from $2,500-$5,000, depending on number of coaching calls and amount of feedback.
Bestselling author Lauren Golden,
founder of The Free Mama Movement:
“I knew that if I was going to get my mission out there, get this book out there, that I needed to collaborate with a professional. So I decided to work with Karin, and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made in my business to date.
… What Karin did is actually extracted stuff that I don’t know I would have come up with on my own. I don’t know if I would have understood the significance for either the flow of the book or to build connection with my reader. And so in those conversations with Karin, she asked me really great questions and was very thoughtful with how she listened and how she followed up to make sure she was really getting to the soul of what I wanted to share in this book.”
Ready to share your story?